Virtual Care FAQ
Click here to find out more about virtual physiotherapy sessions
Do I need a doctor’s referral?
A doctor’s referral is not required to see any of our therapists. Some private insurance companies require a doctor’s referral before covering physiotherapy and massage therapy services, however, each plan has different regulations so we suggest checking you plan.
Do I need to bring anything to my appointment?
For All Appointments
• Doctors referral (if you have one)
• Diagnostic test results relevant to your injury (CT scan, X-ray, MRI results)
• Shorts – If you are being treated for a back, hip, knee, ankle or foot problem
• Tank top – If you are being treated for a neck, shoulder, or upper back problem
• Shoes/ orthotics- If you have a lower extremity injury related to a sport it may be helpful for you to bring the shoes (including orthotics) you use to participate in that sport.
For Massage Therapy
• Your modesty will be respected at all times. You could bring a change of clothes so you may undress only to your comfort level
• Shoes/ orthotics- it may be helpful for you to bring the shoes (including orthotics) you use.
*To maximize your appointment time, please arrive 10 minutes early to register and fill out the relevant forms.
What are some benefits of physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a drug-free alternative to decreasing your pain and improving your mobility. Physiotherapists are university trained professionals specialized in analyzing the body’s movement. We are able to get to the source of the problem and treat that, not just the symptoms. We can give you long-term solutions to your injury, help prevent re-injury or injury, and optimize your performance in your current activity.
Are your services covered through insurance?
Private or Extended Health Plans: There is no direct billing to private health plans. All services are paid for at the time of treatment. Receipts are issued with all the required information and can be submitted to your provider for reimbursement. Please check with your provider for more information regarding coverage.
Motor Vehicle Accidents Claims: We accept motor vehicle accident claims for all service if your coverage is approved, active, and you can provide the necessary documentation.
WSIB Claims: We accept work place claims for all services if your coverage is approved, active, and you can provide the necessary documentation.
What happens if I cannot make an appointment?
Your appointment time has been reserved for you. If you are running late, we will try our best to accommodate you, however your appointment may be shortened. If you need to change or cancel your appointment, we require 24 hours notice or you will be charged the full appointment fee.
How many visits will I need?
The number of visits needed varies depending on the type of injury, the nature of the problem, and your personal goals. You and your physiotherapist/massage therapist/chiropodist will discuss the optimum number of sessions needed to achieve your goals.